1. How do I sign in for the first time?
To sign in, click on 'My ACTL' on the ACTL home page. (Have your ACTL username and password ready). You will be asked to enter your username and password. This is the same username and password you use for www.actl.com. If you have forgotten your password, click on 'Forgot Password' and a reminder will be sent to you. As a first-time user of ACTL Connected, you will see the site's Community Rules & Etiquette and Privacy Guidelines. You will need to scroll to the end of the page and click on 'I agree' to get into ACTL Connected.
Once signed in, go to your photo icon on the top right, click on the downward facing triangle and click into 'Profile.' Here, you can upload your picture, add a short bio and adjust your email settings if you choose.
2. Do I have to sign in every time?
You only need to sign in if you want to upload a library file or start a new discussion/post a message. Once a discussion has been started with your committee, you can start a new discussion through your email and you can respond to all discussion threads from your email, either to the entire committee or to just the sender.
3. What are my choices for how I receive or view messages?
The default setting for each committee is to receive messages in Real Time. Descriptions for setting choices are listed below. To adjust your settings, go to Profile, My Account and click on Committee Notifications.
4. Will I need to set up a signature block or enter my name and other information each time I post a message?
- Real Time: you will receive messages live as you would from an email discussion list.
- Daily Digest: you will receive one email per community with a list of the discussion threads from each day; it is mailed after 12:00 a.m.
- No email: If you prefer to sign in and check or search threads at your convenience.
No, your signature is taken directly from the information ACTL has in your member record. You may edit it to include additional information.
5. What is the email that will be sending these discussion messages from my committee?
The email address is email@example.com. Make sure to add the address to your safe sender list.
6. I have a question and/or feedback for ACTL Connected. How can I submit it?
There is an area to submit feedback. Look at the top right of the ACTL Connected home page and click on the Submit Feedback link. It will take you to a form that allows you to submit your question.